Skip to main content

Thankful

This holiday season there are so many reasons to be thankful.

I am thankful for my two wonderful children who bring so much joy
and have so much love to share with me.
They are getting to an age when we can share more of our reading
experiences with each other.
My 6 year old is right on the verge of reading on her own and my 8 year old reluctant reader is helping me
find the keys to unlock her joy of reading.
Besides these wonderful moments we have reading together there are
other moments of laughter and togetherness that could never be described in words.
Moments, smiles, and hugs that mean more than words could every say.

images (1)

I am thankful for books which entertain and enrich me.
This year I have not read as many books as I usually do
but I still love the idea of reading them. Of talking about them. Of buying them.
Of meeting authors. And sharing books with people I care about.
Stories and books have such an amazing ability to transport through space and time and through every fold
of the imagination. I also love the way they feel and smell.
And the joy of finding a book you have been looking for at a great price.

book pages

 

I am thankful for all the bookish friends I have found through twitter.
Those especially who get on late at night to talk about the books they love.
The books that stayed with them, that changed them.
And that they hope will change me.

I am thankful for Chelsea who is my oldest bookish friend.
For all the late nights we chatted. All the books she has sent.
The stories we have shared, the stories we have read.
And the way that she knows FOR SURE if and how much I will like a book,
and THAT is one of the most priceless elements of our friendship.

260975_1160165854_1053096354_n

 

I am thankful for Cindy Pon for writing a book I adore and being so generous to her fans.
Silver Phoenix is one of my favorite books of all time.
It changed me. It transported me.
It left me wanting more.
Cindy is kind and funny and addicted to twitter.
These are all the things I look for in a friend and author.

DSCN0140

 

Thank you also for ALL the blog follower who stick with me through thick and thin. We follow despite me not posting, and who are excited when I do.
Thank you to everyone of you that have ever commented it.
Thank you also to those who never have, those who have just taken the time to read what I post here.
Thank you SO MUCH to those who ENCOURAGE me to post more. I hope to do more posting soon!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Comments