Skip to main content

Terry Pratchet Challenge

I have been putting off reading Terry Pratchett for a long time because I thought he was a fantasy writer. Last year I read Only You Can Save Mankind and I really enjoyed it. I decided I was going to start reading the Discworld series. When I found out about this challenge I figured it would be the perfect incentive. I may read other Pratchett books but for right now I am going to focus on the Discworld series. If you are interested in reading the series as well, check out this great graphic that visually shows the reading order. Pratchett also lists a book order on his website.

The Details:
The challenge will start from 1 December 2009 and run through to 30 November 2010. There are several different levels of participation for you to choose from:

1-3 books - Cashier at Ankh-Morpork Mint
4-5 books - Guard of the City Watch
6-8 books - Academic at the Unseen University
9-10 books - Member of Granny Weatherwax's Coven
10-12 books - Death's Apprentice

I think I am going all in and trying for the Death's Apprentice level. I am not sure if I can really accomplish that with all the other books I am planning on reading but I am ready to try. I am going to list the first 10 Discoworld books here and mark them when they are read.
1. The Colour of Magic
2. The Light Fantastic
3. Equal Rites
4. Mort
5. Sourcery
6. Wyrd Sisters
7. Pyramids
8. Guards! Guards!
9. Eric
10. Moving Pictures
I am not sure about the order that I will read them in. I may look more to the graphic for that. I guess I will see once I start reading them the most relevant order to me.

Comments