Skip to main content

The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge

I loooooooooooove my library. Over 80% of the books I read are from the library. The whole aspect of having a deadline is very helpful to get those books finished. Sometimes I even check out books I already own because I find they get shuffled to the bottom of the reading pile.

I go to the library about 3 days a week. Last year I was walking there everyday while listening to an audiobook. When winter gets a little more milder I am going to have to start doing that again. It helps that I don't have the internet at home so that is a big motivation to get TO the library. My kids and I love to come to story time and pick out books together too.

The Details:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. There are four levels:
--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.

(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a
winner.)

3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is
checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not
purchased at a library sale.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go.
Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

Every year I keep saying I am going to read more of my 4,000 books and every year I read more library books instead. So in hopes of curbing that a little bit I am going to join the Just My Size level. That will be to check out and read 50 books.

1. Lost Bullet by Malcom Rose
2. a cool moonlight by Angela Johnson

Comments

  1. Welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge! Love the library and love this challenge. So glad to have you join.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment