Skip to main content

Buy One Book and Read It Challenge


My Friend Amy started this challenge when she realized over 50% of Americans had not read a single book in a year.

So, I decided to join. While I do buy A LOT of books. I buy a very limited amount NEW. When I asked Amy about this she said that buying NEW was important, because the challenge isn't just about reading, but about supporting authors and book sellers as well.

Amy is offering different levels to join, but I am wimping out and joining at Level One. That means I only have to buy a single book in 2010 and read it.

Sure, it SOUNDS simple enough. But I don't buy that many new books AND of all the *cough* hundreds of books I buy each year, I actually end up not reading most of them. So, I have no clue what book I am going to read because I haven't bought it yet; I haven't even thought about it.

What I do know is that when it comes to buying my book I am going to try to get it at an independent (and local) book store. But I am not sure how this will pan out depending on what book I decide to read for this challenge.

I will keep you updated!!
Oh, and join the challenge too! You have no reason not to!
Cause books are awesome.
And so are you!
Well, only if you read book.
But yeah,
you see where I am going with this.

Comments