Skip to main content

Currently Reading

So far this year I have read 172 books! I most recently finished City of Ashes, the 2nd book in the Mortal Instruments series. I know people are crazy for this series and I see why it has mass appeal. But for me, the books are just okay. They have unique elements and a plot that pushes you forward wanting to know what will happen next.

But back to the issue at hand:
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld -

Though a fairly quick read with some interesting elements, I don't particularly like the voice or style of this book. The illustrations are great though and I do plan on finishing it.

I do love the cover as well. While I like the concept of the steampunk subgenre I have found I don't particularly like reading it.

Have you read Leviathan yet?


Stolen Voices by Ellen Dee Davidson -
AMAZING!!!!! I found out about this book through a FABULOUS list of young adult dystopias that you totally need to check out. Stolen Voices is exactly my type of book. I am not particularly far into reading it but I can day that it is some sort of future civilization which uses masks as a sort of government control.

"'An evil man came to power. He discovered a way to condense the clashing noises and used them for destruction....In desperation, Noveskinians turned to one man who offered a solution, the Masker. Using the Masks, he united their voices into the one song, one voice'"
(27).


Neuromancer by William Gibson -

This is the third or fourth time I've tried to read this and every time I have had the same reaction. TOO CONFUSING!! I have tried both paper and audio version and this time I am trying a NEW audio version. I really want to get through this piece of science fiction. So many people have told me to read it. It is just extremely frustrating to be struggling through it.

I decided I am going to try both audio and paper combined now and went and grabbed the copy from the library again.


What are you reading?
What do you plan to read next?

Up Next:
Among the Enemy
Singing the Dogstar Blues
So Yesterday

Comments