Skip to main content

Are You a Wimp?

I am pretty excited to have just finished Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules. The is the second book in the series, but I have been talking about the first one to anyone who will listen!

I love this series
because it is fun and funny and perfect for a reluctant reader.

The books are the diary/comics of Greg Heffley.
<-Yep, that's him.

He shares the funny and embarrassing things that happen to him every day. This book is fun read for any age level! I certainly enjoy laughing along with it.

The books were penned by Jeff Kinney. When asked where he got the idea he said:
I wanted to write a story about all the funny parts of growing up, and none of the serious parts.


And I think Jeff's intention is why these books are such a joy to read.
There great news is that there are more Wimpy Kid books on the way. And you can check out their website!

Comments

  1. Sounds like fun reading! :) Perfectly light for Springtime.
    The Caldacott Winner I bough at the library is The Family Under the Bridge. ;) Thanks for asking! My mom swears I read it when I was little but I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep waiting and waiting for our library to get these in. Maybe I should submit a request for them to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment