Skip to main content

Tagging Myself

This one was just too much fun to pass up.

The rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

The nearest book on my desk was Fiction: An Introduction to Reading and Writing.

Page 123 happens to be in the middle of Eudora Welty's "A Worn Path."

But Phoenix only looked above her head. There was sweat on her face, the wrinkles in her skin shone like a bright net.
"Speak up, Grandma," the woman said.

Now of course I want to read the whole story, don't you?
I don't have anyone to tag, so feel free to tag yourself and leave a comment for me so I can see what page 123 hold for you.

Thanks to Julie Carobini.


Comments

  1. Good morning Megan! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Ultimate Blog Party :o) Thought I'd come out for a visit this morning while it is still quiet in my house. I like your tag . . . .you can tag me! I'll enter your name in the drawing for the adoption book give-away. I'll be doing a book give-away every month, so be sure to stop back and see what's next! I'll do the tag and link back to you today. Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is a good one! And what a great page you ended up with, though with Eudora I doubt there's a page that wouldn't make you want to read the whole book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment